12.31.2012

2012, in retrospect


Wow. I thought last year was crazy? Man, I really had no idea. 2012 was a whirlwind. I will look back on this year as the most challenging year of my life. But I'll also look back on this year as a year where I truly learned how to love, a year where my heart has never been more full and a year where I learned the most. I can't say I wouldn't change a thing but I'm proud of where I (and we, as a family) am today.


January 2012 barely exists in my memory. I was massively pregnant (36 weeks, 37 weeks, 38 weeks, 39 weeks) and slowly losing my grip on reality. I thought I was going to be pregnant forever I think. We finished Harrison's nursery!
BABY MONTH! I hit my due date and freaked out about induced the following week. But my water broke the night before the induction date and Harrison made his arrival in dramatic fashion on February 9th, 2012.
One month with Harrison. Healing super slow with many frustrating setbacks. Reopened BGD this month after maternity leave. So happy and thankful that I got 6 months of maternity leave from my regular job though.
Blogging slowed way down as I spend most of my time laying on the couch, nursing H and just trying to feel like a normal human again. I did a life update and reading it now just reminds me how incredibly far we've come. Two months with Harrison.
Only one post this month: three months with Harrison. But in real life, I was finally feeling like my old self, getting out of the house more, reading more. Finally getting the hang of this parenting thing, I think.
Four months with Harrison. I (finally) recapped all of my baby showers. Better late than never. :) Breastfeeding continues to go really well and I shared some of what I've learned. June also marked my last month of maternity leave, I dreaded returning to work and leaving my boy.
We had our first family photo shoot. Five months with Harrison. I struggled with post-pregnancy vanity. My body went through hell, absolute hell, but I survived. Harrison started sitting up and doing hilarious things. I made it through my first month back to work. Just barely.
I talk about my boobs more, including a pumping at work essentials post. I shared my favorite iPhone Photo Apps. Six months with Harrison. We were unhappy with Harrison's daycare and felt absolutely helpless. We were so unsure/didn't know what was normal. Being a parent is hard, yo.
We decided to take Harrison out of his daycare and started taking him to an in-home lady who we LOVE. BGD business continues to grow and I hope every day that I can someday do it full time. :) Seven months with Harrison.
The Garner's went on a road trip to Fort Bragg for my cousin's wedding and flew across the country to visit family in Virginia (1, 2, 3, 4). Eight months with Harrison. Our little dragon celebrated his first Halloween.
Nine months of Harrison. Remembering to be thankful was a theme for this month. I am so, so thankful for everyone and everything in my life.
A few free printables from BGD were made available. Ten months with Harrison. I announced my Life List 2013 project.

Here's to an amazing 2013, friends! xo

1 comment: