10.25.2012

Virginia 3 {The 1980's Car Seat Fiasco}



I always laugh when people ask what kind of schedule Harrison is on. Um, the "go with the flow" schedule? I have been really bad about keeping nap times scheduled or putting him to crib (you know, instead of 'to bed') at the same time. I can tell when he's tired and I just go from there. And of course, I have a general idea of when he'll be tired. But anyway, regardless of whether or not this is a huge mistake in every day life, this lack of schedule was a real benefit on vacation. He napped primarily in the car (actually, the van. Yep! Tyler and I drove a minivan around Virginia. Like a little family. hahaha). He stayed up late (and mostly slept in, which was great) and was never really that cranky.

It worked out for us.

I think he actually loved sleeping in that car seat.

Funny story about that car seat actually. We arrived in Virginia around midnight, my MIL had arranged getting us a car seat. I asked her to make sure it was rear-facing, I didn't even think to tell her to make sure it was from this decade. This is what she had for us when we showed up:

I wish I were kidding.

We went straight to Wal-Mart and bought a new one. Like, one that would actually save his life had we been in a car accident. Ha!


2 comments:

  1. Oh. My. God. No. Hahaha!! That's crazy! Glad you bought a new one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh em gee. was that hubby's carseat as a baby?! ha! I can totally see my own mother pulling something like this. (unfortunately!)

    and i'm so glad i'm not the only mom whose kid is on a "go with the flow" schedule. I think it just means V + H will be laidback people that way and this can only help their future marriage. hahaha

    ReplyDelete