We are going on a 4 hour road trip for a wedding this weekend and then flying to Virginia next Tuesday. So I need all of your tips!
![]() |
| Rollin', rollin', rollin' |
I've gotten some good tips already like, breastfeed on take off and landing. Board first to get yourself situated while dad and baby board last to burn off last minute energy. Pre-write sorry notes from Baby to passengers. I'm going to pack snacks, a few pumped bottles, my manual pump, new toys that will be exciting for H and a change of clothes for us both. What else?
Let me give you the run down. The car trip is 4 hours on a winding road without many places to stop until our destination. We're leaving in the morning during what is usually his morning nap.
The plane ride is at 11 a.m. and will be 5 hours long (shoot me now). We have a 3 hour layover then another 1.5 hour flight to Norfolk at 11:30 p.m. I know. Please tell me we'll survive. Lie to me if you have to.

Praying for your sanity mama! We drove 6 hours with Noah and stopped twice, once for us and once for him. I hope everything goes smooth. I wish I had tips for flying. :/
ReplyDeleteI have no advice ... but I just wanted to say I *LOVE* the new look of your blog and that pic & caption is just adorable!!! Good luck on your trip! :)
ReplyDeleteWe have done quite a few 4/5 hour road trips. Leaving during naptime is a big plus, our little guy will sleep the first few hours that way (he sleeps really well in the car so we sometimes even get a longer than normal nap). Other than that we bring lots of toys to give to him one aat a time so it is something new and we can keep cycling through AND loaded up the iPad with Baby Einstein.
ReplyDeletei hope it all works out and you are able to stay sane! ps- love the new design!
ReplyDeleteI don't have a whole lot of advice since we've never taken V on a long trip but during long-ish drives, we go during nap time or at bed time and she usually conks out the whole way. If not, I have my phone loaded with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for her and we've taken her favorite toys! Good luck, mama! Y'all will do just fine :)
ReplyDeleteGood Luck! I think the best thing you can do is try not to stress..maybe baby will surprise you?
ReplyDeleteGood luck and let us know how it goes! Honestly I don't think you should have to write "apology" notes for the other passengers- babies are people too and they should get to go on planes and travel! Just my opinion of course.
ReplyDelete