9.12.2012

Daycare {Part 2}

Thank you all for your words of wisdom and encouragement on my daycare woes.

I am thrilled to report that we decided to move H to an in home daycare and it has been one million percent better.  Like, I didn't even know how heavy the whole situation was weighing on me but wow, do I feel 700 pounds lighter. My appetite has returned and I feel like a whole new woman.

We called Miss R on a recommendation from a professor I work with. Her home is beautiful and kid-friendly, and it has an awesome outdoor area with great toys/equipment. She was nice and welcoming. She's been taking care of children for over 30 years including raising 5 of her own.

I am in love with Miss R not just because she is super sweet. But she tells me about his day, she's honest and really seems to love kids. While she's licensed for 8 kids, she only has a maximum of 4 at a time. And 2 are her grandsons. It's so, so great.

I am totally a believer in mother's intuition now because I got a good feeling from the minute I walked in to her home--unlike any of the times I stepped in to our former childcare facility. It's so hard to explain but I just knew this was the place for us. My biggest fear throughout this whole saga is that I was just a paranoid, worry-wart mother and I would feel like this no matter where I left him. Therefore, I should quit my job, move to the ghetto and make Harrison live in a bubble for the rest of his life. Thank goodness, this isn't the case. No Bubble Boy for H!


7 comments:

  1. I am SO SO happy for y'all that you found the perfect place for H. I know that had to have been awful stressing about that other place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so so soooo glad that you're happy with the new childcare provider!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so great you found a place you are comfortable with! We are still searching for someone and it's really hard so I feel ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every mom has her moment when she realizes she knows best for her child. You will probably have more of those moments. I'm so happy you found a place that makes you all happy and that you listened to your gut and your blog readers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy that you've got it figured out. I've always heard that home care is a million times better, and it sounds like you've found someone wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such great news! I'm so happy you got the weight lifted from your shoulders!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO happy you found a better place and can rest easy now! Wonderful news :)

    ReplyDelete