Wow! Thank you all for the love on Harrison's nursery reveal. We had so much fun putting it together. And I forgot but a BIG THANK YOU to Tyler who did a FABULOUS job not only painting the amazing horizontal stripes but staying patient when I changed my mind 48539 times. :)
I wanted to answer a few questions that came up about our where we got things and our organization, as we attempt to fit all of his baby things in our tiny room.
STUFF
Crib - K-Mart
Crib sheet - Target
Crib skirt - Etsy (Mellissa's Boutique and fun fact: she designed Tori Spellings most recent nursery bedding, cool huh?)
Prints - Me :)
'H' - Etsy (Say It With Letters)
Diaper Bag - Target (gift)
Blanket - Etsy (Baby Beulah)
Dresser - Yard sale way back in the day, painted
Frames - K-Mart, painted
Chuck T's: - Gift
Polka Dot Storage - Etsy (BaffinBags)
Glider and Ottoman - JC Penney (gift)
Diaper Dekor Plus - Buy Buy Baby (gift)
Boppy breastfeeding pillow - Target (gift)
Side table - Ikea, painted
Frames - K-Mart, painted
Poms - Etsy (Pretty With Sprinkles)
Wiener decal - Etsy (paintlessdecoimpress)
Bumbo - Target (gift)
Stroller - Target (gift)
ORGANIZATION
Like I said before, we had to be smart with our small space. So we stocked up on bins and made sure we had built in storage where we could--with the crib, dresser and utilizing the most out of the half of the closet we were using. (The other side is filled with the pack and play, car seat, and other random things like my wedding dress--haha).
THE CLOSET: I organized his clothes by size. I just made these organizers out of card stock and made them sort of boy-ish with the wiener dog and mustaches.
The closet filled up quickly. I used my old shoe organizer (after cleaning it thoroughly) for receiving blankets and regular blankets. Then I used these wire cubes that I've had since I lived in the dorms for his shoes and bumbo, Moby Wrap and car seat cover. I also think it will be handy to have easy access to the stroller right next to it.
THE DRESSER: For all of his other clothes, I organized each dresser drawer by size. I have no idea if this is the best way, it just made the most sense to me. Then I'll just rotate out and up as time goes on and he grows out of things.
THE CRIB: I LOVE our crib for many reasons but mostly because it has an attached changing table and TONS of storage. Not only the three drawers in the front but the back side has shelves that are great for hiding breastfeeding supplies and such.
Who knows if all of this is the best way to set up the nursery, I'm no expert. It just makes the most sense to me now. We'll see how much of it gets changed around. :)






I LOVE that diaper bag! What brand is it? I want to add it to my registry. :)
ReplyDeleteIt's this one! http://www.target.com/p/Carters-JOY-Giraffe-Print-Tote/-/A-13220576 lots of pockets and space, I love it! :)
DeleteI think it looks awesome! I have no idea how to do the clothes either! Will I want them hung up or folded in a dresser?!
ReplyDeleteHmm.. why didn't I think to make dividers for the clothing by size? I'm stealing that idea now!
ReplyDeleteLove the walls and the color; any chance you have the paint info?
ReplyDelete