12.29.2011

2011 Reads

Total books read in 2011: 26
I started out the year on a roll with my reading but toward the end, I slowed way down. Just got busy with life and wasn't in the mood to read in general. But I think I will be a reading machine in 2012 as I have 5 months of maternity leave to look forward to. :)

She's Having A Baby - and I'm Having a Breakdown by James Douglas Barron


I got this book for Tyler not long after we found out we were expecting and I read it before him. Ha. Really good information and an easy read.

From the Hips by Rebecca Odes, Ceridwen Morris

Lots of information but I like the way the book is set up and it's pleasant to look at.

What to Expect When You're Expecting by Heidi Murkoff, Sharon Mazel
Pretty much the scariest book I've ever read. So much information and SO MUCH SCARY INFORMATION. But, it is informative.

Bossypants by Tina Fey
For some reason, it took me a long time to get through this one but not because I didn't like it. I laughed out loud a lot. Plus, this book has my vote for the best book cover of 2011.

The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain
This was ok. A little far fetched and reaching for my taste but it obviously kept my interest long enough to finish.

Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris
These are all out of order but I did read them in order. I love True Blood and loved the books equally as much. They are a fun, trashy, easy read.

All Together Dead by Charlaine Harris

Definitely Dead by Charlaine Harris
 
Dead As A Doornail by Charlaine Harris
 
Dead to the World by Charlaine Harris
 
Divergent by Veronica Roth
Loved this book. I was having a bit of a Hunger Games hangover after I finished that series and Divergent is almost as good! I can't wait until the next book in the series comes out.

Belly Laughs by Jenny McCarthy
This was the first pregnancy book I read all the way through. HILARIOUS. Super easy read.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
Re-read this bad boy right before the movie came out. Needed a refresher. :)

Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender
Pretty dumb. Don't waste your time.

Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning
These are also out of order but I, surprisingly, really enjoyed the Fever Series. This is so not my style of book but I couldn't put these down.

Dreamfever by Karen Marie Moning

Faefever by Karen Marie Moning

Bloodfever by Karen Marie Moning

Darkfever by Karen Marie Moning

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
OBSESSED.
 
Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins
LOVED.

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
What can I say that hasn't been said? These books are thrilling, heart-racing and kept me interested from the very first page. I read all three books in a weekend, SO GOOD.

Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen
This was the first book I read on my Kindle. :) Loved this story and the characters.

Club Dead by Charlaine Harris
More Sookie.

Living Dead in Dallas by Charlaine Harris

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris

Goal for books read in 2012: 40

Suggestions for books I should read in 2012? Leave them in the comments! :)

3 comments:

  1. I still haven't gotten a chance to finish bossypants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you did great. I don't think I read too many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you haven't already, read The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series. I read them over a year and a half ago and they are seriously three of the best books I ever read. And I read almost as much as you! I also just started Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.....if you're interested, comment on my blog and I'll let ya know how it was when I finish. =)

    ReplyDelete